personal

Why This is the Most Beautiful "Sand" Sastle I Have Ever Seen

6/11/2015Unknown



Sometimes in life, things happen that we just aren't prepared for. Sometimes those events are tragic and can really take a toll on you. However, there are those times you may find that a dirt castle is exactly what you needed to show you that everything is okay. No, everything is BETTER than okay.

A little back story: 

If you are not familiar with "The Hutson's," I encourage you to read my ABOUT ME. The past couple weeks have been pretty trying for my little family and ultimately ended with a trip to the ER for my son. Scary to say the least!
It finally got to the point that little Aidan was feeling much better and yearning to play outside. Unfortunately, Florida 4pm thunderstorms work like clockwork and this mama avoids driving in the rain at ALL COSTS, so the beach/park was out of the question. 
We decided to just make our own "dirt castles" outside, seeing as how there is plenty of dirt where we are preparing to lay down sod in the backyard. 
We grabbed some beach towels, sand toys and headed outside. Aidan was so thrilled, he couldn't stop saying "thank you, mama. Thank you, mama." (literally the cutest thing ever!)
I always say that if I could love ANYTHING half as much as my son loves EVERYTHNG, I would be the happiest person that has ever lived!
Anyways, as I watched my child play in the dirt, taking oh, a zillion pictures, so many feelings came over me and I decided I HAD to share with you.


                                     

I started recording because Aidan was talking up a storm! (He has been fighting a battle with motor planning and speech apraxia) So anytime I can catch him talking, I am quick to hit "record." At first he was happily digging away and filling his bucket with dirt, but towards the end of the video, he really wants to just make a sand castle! When he first tries on his own, the dirt basically falls straight onto the ground. (however I was super proud of him for attempting, of course!)
My husband decided to step in and offer some assistance.


                                           


Watching these two, one man teaching his only son how to build a sand castle really struck a cord with me. Maybe I am crazy, but I have to say that there is nothing quite like watching the 2 loves of your life interacting, learning from each other, and if nothing else, just spending some quality, loving (technology-free, with the exception of my phone to capture the moment) time together. Have you ever had a moment in time that seems quite menial to others, but to you made an impact? THIS was one of those moments.

PIN IT!

In the end, I know it is just a dirt castle, but it was a dirt castle made by a father to teach his son something. Any opportunity to teach our children something about life, or anything, really, should not be taken lightly. We must never forget that the future is in THEIR tiny hands. Let's teach them love, compassion, kindness, empathy, acceptance and guide them to make a better future.



Have you ever had one of those moments that nobody understands (maybe not even you) why it even affected you in the first place, but it still did in a big way?
 I would love to hear about it!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Sign Up For Access To My Email Newsletter

* indicates required